Snow Emergency Information
DURING A SNOW EMERGENCY, PLEASE REMOVE ALL
VEHICLES FROM THE ROADS AND SIDEWALKS IN THE CITY OF LYNN
|Blue Snow Emergency Lights Will Flash
During Declared Snow Emergency Events At The Following Locations:
- O'Callaghan Way at Walnut Street
- Western Avenue at Federal Street
- Eastern Avenue at Essex Street
- Essex Street at Joyce Street
- Broad Street at Union Street
- Western Ave at Waitt Road
- Wyoma Square
Snow Emergency Information will also be broadcast on the radio and local cable networks: WESX AM 1230 – WBQQ l04.9 FM – Comcast Channel 3 – Verizon Channels 28 and 37 – City of Lynn Website
Snow Emergency Parking Regulations will be strictly enforced. All violators will be subject to fines up to $200 and /or towing.
THE CITY OF LYNN ORDINANCES REQUIRE ALL PROPERTY OWNERS TO REMOVE SNOW AND ICE FROM THEIR SIDEWALKS TO ENSURE PEDESTRIAN SAFETY.
- If the snow ceases falling in the daytime (7AM - 6PM) it is your responsibility to see that the snow accumulated on the sidewalk shall be removed within four hours.
- If the snow ceases falling in the nighttime (after 6PM) it is your responsibility to see that the snow accumulated on the sidewalk shall be removed before 10:00 p.m. the following day.
- Property Owners are responsible for making openings in snow banks between the streets and sidewalks at crosswalks, street corners and bus stops.
- If your mailbox is erected at or near a gutter line, make sure it can withstand snow clearing efforts. Also, the US Postal Service will not deliver mail if your walkway is not cleared.
- If your home or business is on a corner, please shovel a wide opening and help pedestrians get onto the sidewalk safely! Ask yourself if the path you cleared is wide enough for someone using a stroller or wheelchair to get through.
- Please make sure that ice is also cleared or melted from the sidewalk.
- If you fail to comply with the city’s sidewalk clearance ordinances or if you throw or dump snow from your sidewalk into the street, you will be issued a fine for such violation. After an additional 24 hours, if you have not complied with the ordinance, you will be issued an additional fine.
ALTERNATE PARKING OPTIONS | Updated December 2013
Only during a snow emergency, parking for those
residents without a driveway is available at all Lynn Public School lots except
for the following schools: Aborn, Fallon and Sewell Anderson. Parking is also
available at the Ellis Street Municipal Lot (School Street side) and the MBTA
Garage at the intersection of Broad and Market streets (parking charge of $4 per
Please note that vehicles left at the school sites must be removed at the conclusion of the snow emergency. If the snow emergency ends after 9 PM, cars must be removed by 6 AM the following morning or be subject to ticketing and/or towing.
The Department of Public Works operates 24 hours a
day and can reached at 781-477-7099.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION